Sacramento Premises Liability Lawyer
Premises Liability Involves Dangerous Property Conditions
Premises liability refers to the legal responsibility of property owners to keep their property reasonably safe. If they fail to fix dangerous conditions and someone is seriously injured, property owners must pay compensation for the damages their negligence caused.
- Slip and fall accidents, including slips, trips and falls in retail stores; falls down dangerous stairways; or trips over uneven sidewalks
- Negligent lighting and negligent security, including falls or assaults that occur in bars, parking facilities, hotels and other locations that fail to take action to keep patrons safe
- Dog bites and animal attacks that result in serious injury, permanent scarring, disfigurement or death
Success in Challenging Cases
Slip and fall accidents can be difficult cases to win. Most jury members have tripped and fallen due to their own clumsiness. Ms. Ferris works to develop a compelling case that the damages were caused not because the injured person was uncoordinated, but because the property owner was negligent. She has obtained significant results on behalf of injured clients.
Ms. Ferris recovered $2.4 million for a client who was seriously injured when a pallet of wood fell on him in a home improvement store.
In all premises liability claims, the injured party must show that:
- The property owner or manager knew about the dangerous condition.
- The responsible party knew about the condition long enough to fix it.
- The condition was not fixed.
- The dangerous condition caused the damages.
Call 916-520-3370 or 888-351-3970 to Arrange a Free Consultation
If you were injured because of a dangerous property condition, you should speak to a lawyer about your options. To arrange a free initial consultation with an experienced and successful personal injury lawyer, please contact the Law Office of Noël M. Ferris in Sacramento, California. Call 916-520-3370 or toll-free at 888-351-3970.